JOB VACANCY - PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
At Calendar, we’re dedicated to sourcing and roasting the highest quality coffee, in the most responsible way possible. Founded in 2018, we specialise in roasting fresh, seasonally sourced coffees, and creating memorable taste experiences from one brew to the next.
Calendar is independently owned and managed by its founders, Zarah Lawless and Daniel Boobier. We are committed to running an ethically and environmentally conscious business, where the health and wellbeing of our team is central to our success.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 35-45 hours per week
Remuneration: Living Wage, €12.90 per hour
Location: Upper Cloosh, Oughterard, Co. Galway, H91 NW83
As a Production Assistant, you will be integral to all aspects of our day-to-day operations. You will be making sure production protocols are adhered to and all orders are packed and shipped on time.
- Processing and fulfilling orders to make sure customers receive their coffee on time
- Preparing coffee for roasting, including handling coffee sacks, weighing coffee, and cleaning buckets
- Labelling bags and packing coffee
- Assisting the roasting team during roasting and ensuring production protocols are adhered to
- Quality control including weekly cuppings, brewing and recipe development
- Weekly cleaning and maintenance of the roasting machine
- Maintaining a clean and organised roastery at all times
- Other tasks as determined by the Roastery Manager
This role requires quick and precise work, with a relentless attention to detail and exacting standards for quality. The ability to multitask and manage competing priorities is essential. The ideal candidate works well under pressure and takes pride in their work and workspace. Someone who approaches work with a problem-solving attitude and drive for improving processes is a strong plus.
- Experience as a barista or in the coffee industry is preferred but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Looking to build a career in the coffee industry
At Calendar, we know that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people of all genders, sexualities, races, religions and backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter (max. one page) outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 17th January at 21:00.